The Redmi 5A has officially gotten launched in India after weeks of teasers promoting it as the “Desh Ka Smartphone.” True to its teaser name, all units of the phone sold in the nation will be Made in India.
Xiaomi has bundled the Redmi 5A with a price tag of Rs 5999 for its 2GB of RAM and 16GB of ROM variant and Rs 6999 for its 3GB of RAM and 32GB of ROM version. However, the former will be sold at Rs 4999 for the first 5 million units, effectively offering the handset at a Rs 1000 discount from the get-go.
Making the deal even sweeter is a Reliance Jio offer worth Rs 1000. Owners of the Redmi 5A will be eligible for a special Rs 199/month plan which they have to
stick to for 12 months. Post this, they’ll get Rs 1000 divided into 10 vouchers of Rs 100 each.
The coupons can be used against plans worth Rs 309 and above and data add-ons worth Rs 201 and above up until 30 November 2018. The Rs 199 tariff offers unlimited STD, local, and roaming calling, free SMSes, and 1GB of data per day for 28 days.
Xiaomi Redmi 5A specifications:
– Display: 5-inch, 720 x 1280 pixels
– OS: Android 7.1 Nougat-based MIUI 9
– Storage: 16GB/32GB, expandable up till 128GB
– RAM: 2GB/3GB
– Camera: 13MP rear, 5MP front
– CPU: 1.4GHz quad-core Snapdragon 425
– GPU: Adreno 308
– Battery: 3000mAh
– Weight: 137g
– Size: 140.4 x 70.1 x 8.35mm
– Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, dual-SIM, Bluetooth 4.1, A-GPS, GLONASS, Wi-Fi, microUSB 2.0
Also Read: Xiaomi accessories get cheaper after GST cut