The Vivo X5 Max and Oppo R5 are the thinnest smartphones in the world and they’re heading to India soon to battle it out in a territory that has no other rivals. But when two phones have a difference of just 0.10mm between them, is all this wrestling over the title worth it?
The truth is that there isn’t much to be going on with in case you want to know the differences between the Vivo X5 Max and Oppo R5. Both devices look so similar, it’s easy to mistake one for the other. The former is 4.75mm thin, while the latter goes 4.85mm deep.
The Vivo and Oppo smartphones practically disappear from view when you turn them to make their sides face you, the magic trick only being spoiled slightly by the protruding cameras on their backs. These 13MP snappers both embed Sony sensors to ensure a decent photography experience.
The X5 Max manages to make a bigger impression on one count though, if you consider the 3.5mm earphone jack that has been squeezed into its ultra-skinny frame. You’ll have to use a microUSB to audio jack adapter or a wireless O-Music peripheral in order to plug into the Oppo R5, on the other hand.
Vivo X5 Max main specs:
– 5.5-inch 1080p full HD touchscreen
– 1.7GHz 64-bit octa core Snapdragon 615 chip
– Android 4.4.4 w/ Vivo Funtouch OS 2.0
– 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM, 128GB expandability
– 13MP main lens, 5MP webcam
– Dual SIM slots (micro-SIM and nano-SIM or TF card)
– 153.9mm x 78mm x 4.75mm
Oppo R5 features list:
– 5.2-inch 1080p full HD display
– 1.5GHz 64-bit octa core Snapdragon 615 processor
– Android 4.4 KitKat w/ Color OS 2.0
– 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory
– 13MP and 5MP cameras
– 148.9mm x 74.5mm x 4.85mm
We know that the Oppo R5 is coming soon to India for a price which may be anything between Rs 25000 and Rs 30000. The Vivo X5 Max
is definitely going to be unveiled here on December 15, though we currently don’t have a clue about how much it’ll cost has been unveiled for Rs 32980.