Xolo has launched the Cube 5.0 for Rs 7999, a price which fails to guarantee impressive specs considering the competition in the market. There’s a MediaTek chipset at the heart of the handset and 1GB of RAM. Xolo is releasing it with Android Lollipop onboard and we assume this is the reasoning behind adding the ‘5.0’ to the smartphone’s moniker.
The Xolo Cube 5.0 features a 5-inch IPS touchscreen of 720p HD resolution. It is protected from bumps and scratches by Asahi’s Dragontrail Glass which is hoping to become as popular as Corning’s Gorilla Glass some day. The MediaTek processor we spoke about earlier is a quad core one clocked at 1.3GHz and accompanied by 500MHz Mali-400 graphics.
The dual SIM Cube 5.0 offers users 8GB of internal memory. For those who take storage constraints really badly, Xolo has also thrown in 32GB expandability via a microSD card slot. The company plans to sell the device in three color choices of gold, white or black, and has included the usual connectivity options like 3G, Wi-Fi, GPS and Bluetooth.
A couple of days ago, Xolo was seen rolling out the Chromebook laptop exclusively on Snapdeal for a very reasonable rate of Rs 12999. And in May, the company announced the Xolo One Limited Edition Liverpool FC handset with a leather back panel and a sub-brand called Black under which it will introduce inexpensive 4G-capable phones.
Xolo Cube 5.0 specifications at a glance:
– OS: Android v5.0 Lollipop
– Display: 5-inch 1280 x 720p HD OGS IPS screen w/Dragontrail glass
– Processor: Quad core 1.3GHz MediaTek MT6582M w/ 500MHz Mali-400 GPU
– Memory: 8GB ROM, 32GB microSD card support, 1GB RAM
– Photography: 8MP main camera w/ LED flash, 2MP webcam
– Connectivity: Dual SIM, 3G, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0
– Colors: Black, white and gold
– Power house: 2100mAh battery, 11 hours 3G talk time
– Dimensions: 143 x 71 x 6.9 millimeters
At the time of writing this post, we couldn’t find any online retailer vending the Xolo Cube 5.0, which means you’ll have to wait a bit before being able to lay hands on it.