The Redmi 5A is making the trip to offline stores about a month after going up for sale in India. The handset has so far been sold only via Mi Home outlets, Xiaomi’s site, and Flipkart.
The Redmi 5A is now ready to go up for grabs in physical shops around the country. Only the 3GB of RAM and 32GB of ROM variant has been spotted in outlets so far, though the 2GB of RAM and 16GB of ROM model shouldn’t be too far off.
Strangely enough, Xiaomi has decided to add an extra Rs 500 to the price of the 3GB/32GB Redmi 5A. The version sold online costs Rs 6999, but the one available in offline stores will set buyers back by Rs 7499. The company says the final rate will be dependent on the retailer, throwing the onus on them to offer a discount.
Specifications of the Xiaomi Redmi 5A:
– Display: 5-inch, 720 x 1280 pixels
– OS: Android 7.1 Nougat-based MIUI 9
– Storage: 16GB/32GB, expandable up till 128GB
– RAM: 2GB/3GB
– CPU: 1.4GHz quad-core Snapdragon 425
– GPU: Adreno 308
– Camera: 13MP rear, 5MP front
– Battery: 3000mAh
– Weight: 137g
– Size: 140.4 x 70.1 x 8.35mm
– Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, dual-SIM, Bluetooth 4.1, A-GPS, GLONASS, Wi-Fi, microUSB 2.0
Being able to buy the Redmi 5A via brick-and-mortar shops will be a boon for those who don’t want to wait around for online sales that get over in the blink of an eye. Still, the difference in cost could give many people pause. In that case, the next round of vending will take place on December 28 at 12 pm via Flipkart and Xiaomi’s website.