The Samsung Galaxy A7 (2017) and Galaxy A5 (2017) have just gotten a lot cheaper in India thanks to a major price revision by the brand. The cuts have apparently come into force with an eye on the festive season in the nation.
That’s the official reason, but Samsung is also probably trying to make the Galaxy A5 (2017) and Galaxy A7 (2017) more competitive against phones which have come out more recently. The duo hit India all the way back in March this year at Rs 28990 and Rs 33490, respectively.
Since its launch, the Galaxy A5 (2017) and Galaxy A7 (2017) have actually been available in the market at Rs 26900 and Rs 30900, correspondingly. With the permanent cut, the two will sell for Rs 22900 (Rs 4000 lower) and Rs 25900 (Rs 5000 lower), respectively.
The discount is even greater if taking the initial cost into account, with the Galaxy A5 (2017) Rs 6090 cheaper and the Galaxy A7 (2017) Rs 7590 more affordable. The two are very similar, except for the former’s 3000mAh battery and 5.2-inch screen. Both offer 16MP f/1.9 rear and front cameras, IP68-rated water resistance, and a Galaxy S7-like design.
Specifications of the Samsung Galaxy A7 (2017):
– OS: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
– Display: 5.7-inch Super AMOLED, 1080 x 1920 pixels
– CPU: 1.9GHz octa-core Exynos 8890
– Battery: 3600mAh
– Storage: 32GB, expandable up to 256GB
– RAM: 3GB
– Camera: 16MP rear, 16MP front
– Dimensions: 156.8 x 77.6 x 7.9mm
– Connectivity: dual-SIM, 4G, Wi-Fiac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, GLONASS, USB Type-C